Good Agricultural Practices - 6 to 7:30 pm on Tuesday, April 11, at the MU Extension office, 18728 MO-59, Neosho.
Growers who attend this class will learn that Good Agricultural Practices reduce the risk of microbial contamination to food, help ensure that your product is safe, may improve the marketability of your product, and may protect you in the event of an outbreak.
There is no fee for the class which will be from For more information, contact the Jasper County Extension Office, 417 358-2158. This class is required to sell edible produce at the Webb City Farmers Market but is NOT a Food Safety Certification class.
Sell More at the Market Workshop - Saturday, April 15, 1 pm at the Webb City Public Library, 101 South Liberty
No charge but reservations are appreciated so enough handouts are available - call 417 499-4831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Followed by a tour of Braker Farm - see details below)
- How to effectively (and safely and legally) provide product samples at markets - We know that sampling at the market can increase sales and customer loyalty but it must be done right to protect you and your customers
- Post Production Handling and Storage - How to keep your produce safe and fresh so your top quality fruits and veggies pay off
Braker Berry Farm Tour - 3:15 - 5 Saturday, April 15, no reservations required. 941 SW 90th Lane, Oronogo, MO 64855
- Garlic, including the MSU/MU garlic planting date study
- Blackberries, growing on the innovative rotating cross arm trellis
- Blueberries, including recently developed cultivars
- Hydroponic vegetable production
- High tunnel vegetable production
Blackberry Production * - workshops at a demonstration plot featuring the new shift trellis design and new more winter hardy cultivars placed by the market at the Mt. Vernon MU research center. Presentations and handouts from 2016 workshops will be available on this site this winter. Click here for details. Click here for registration form.
- Spring workshop, April 26, 1-5pm - Mount Vernon Research Center
- June 21 - Hmong workshop, 1-5pm -– Mount Vernon Research Center
- June 28 - Jefferson County
- Summer workshop,– July 26, 1-5pm - Mount Vernon Research Center
- Fall/Winter workshop,– November 15, 1-5pm - Mount Vernon Research Center
The WCFM Year-Round Education Center *
1213 Route U, Rocky Comfort. For directions, call 417 592-1933.
Twilight Tunnel Walks - Every fourth Thursday at 7 pm at the Education Center. The first one is April 27th! Walk through the tunnels with extension experts and experienced farmers to learn what issues are cropping up and how to deal with them. The Twilight Walks are free and open to people who grow and people who eat. In other words, everyone is welcome. No reservations necessary.
Email Eileen at email@example.com to be put on a notice list of upcoming workshops.
*funded, in part, through Missouri Department of Agriculture Specialty Crops Block Grants.